St Mary's Church
St Mary's Church is in the benefice of Faringdon and Little Coxwell. The Rev. Dr. Stephen Bellamy was inducted as vicar of the benefice on 28th July 2016. For more details about Steve see the All Saint's, Faringdon website Who's Who page.
Unless advertised otherwise all services are held at 9:00am, as follows:
1st Sunday of Month - Common Worship Communion
2nd Sunday of Month - Morning Worship
3rd Sunday of Month - Common Worship Communion
4th Sunday of Month - Morning Worship
5th Sunday of Month - Holy Communion (BCP)
History and Architecture
The Church of St. Mary's is a 12th Century Chapel of Ease, built by the Monks of Beaulieu Abbey.
It contains a number of features of historical and architectural interest, including:
Perpendicular stone porch
Transitional Priest's door
Early decorated window
3 large perpendicular windows
13th Century Bell-cote
12th Century Chancel Arch, rebuilt in the 15th Century
Norman door jambs of the Vestry in the north wall of the nave
Carved wood rail of organ loft - part of a pre-Reformation Rood Screen
15th Century octagonal font
Iron Hour-Glass stand
Brass Candelabrum dating from 1729
George III Coat of Arms
Friends of St Mary's
The Friends of St Mary's (FoM) was founded in 2005 and has proved invaluable in funding the repair and maintenance of the building and churchyard. The FoM is essential in providing the PCC with the necessary funds to enable it to continue to meet the cost of maintaining our ancient church. All donations are gratefully received and there is no minimum subscription.
Anyone interested in becoming a member of the FoM should contact the treasurer, Douglas Lines (01367 244408 or 240138).
We are always delighted to welcome visitors to look around our lovely little church.
If you would like to gain access, the keys can be obtained from Pippa Regan (01367 240050) or Fiona Lines (01367 244408)
Pippa Regan 01367 240050